OpenTech Unveils INSOMNIAC 800 Indoor Kiosk
Attractive Freestanding INSOMNIAC has Eye-Catching Graphics and Options
PHOENIX, Arizona – August 31, 2007 – OpenTech Alliance, Inc., today unveiled the all new INSOMNIAC™ 800 self-storage kiosk designed specifically for indoor settings such as enclosed vestibules, rental offices, or high traffic areas such as shopping malls and university student centers. The attractive freestanding kiosk installs in minutes, has a polished veneer front with eye-catching graphics, and is jam-packed with all the same selling and security features as the market leading INSOMNIAC 900. Built-to-order options include personalized graphics, customized color, and a 17-inch digital overhead sign that can run multimedia clips to attract customers.
The New INSOMNIAC 800 with Optional Custom Graphics
“Over the past year self-storage owners have told us they want a sexy indoor kiosk that is portable and can be placed inside enclosed vestibules similar to what banks have built for ATMs,” said Robert Chiti, OpenTech’s CEO. “Owners of large indoor facilities have also asked for a self-service solution to help reduce the amount of staff needed to run their facility and to avoid having to make their customers stand in line when the manager is busy. With the INSOMNIAC 800, a manager will never have a prospect walk out on them because they had to wait for the manager to get off the phone with another customer.”
The new INSOMNIAC 800 comes standard with:
- Megan, INSOMNIAC’s animated, “anytime” manager that guides customers through the rental and payment process;
- an integrated Dell® computer that connects to the facility’s property management software for real-time inventory and reporting synchronization;
- a bright, 15-inch touch screen monitor for easy reading and menu navigation;
- a built-in, digital video camera that takes tenant photos;
- a fingerprint scanner to document new tenants and deter wrongdoers;
- a digital signature pad for signing leases;
- a drivers license scanner to capture new tenant information;
- a credit card reader;
- a MICR check and money order reader with ACH capability;
- a bill acceptor to validate and record currency denominations from 1$ to $100;
- a tactile keyboard with integrated track ball for quick data entry;
- dual speakers with amplifier for bilingual voice prompts;
- a speaker phone with auto-dialer for after-hours or offsite customer assistance;
- a 1,200 sheet, 8.5” thermal printer to print out leases and receipts; and
- a two tray lock dispenser that sells four locks per tray.
The INSOMNIAC 800 takes new rentals and payments, allows customers to update their account information, offers tenant insurance, gives virtual tours, prints leases and dispenses locks. The stylish blue kiosk measures 65” high by 21” wide by 28” deep.
The new INSOMNIAC 800 is available immediately with a base price of $16,000 (US) and painted a beautiful admiral blue with athletic gold and silver graphics. Purchasers may customize the kiosk’s color and/or graphics for $500 each. The 17-inch digital overhead sign that can run multimedia clips is a $500 built-to-order option. Setup and customization is $1000, while maintenance and warranty services are $225 per month.
The INSOMNIAC 800 will be on display in booths #801-805 at the Self Storage Association’s Fall Conference and Tradeshow on September 6-7, 2007.
OpenTech Alliance, Inc. is the leading developer of self-storage kiosks. Its INSOMNIAC line of self-storage kiosks improves customer convenience, reduces operating costs and increases revenues for self-storage facilities. For more information or to see an online demo, please visit www.opentechalliance.com or call (602) 749-9370.
OpenTech Alliance, Inc.
NOTE TO EDITORS: OpenTech Alliance, the OpenTech logo and INSOMNIAC are trademarks of OpenTech Alliance, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. INSOMNIAC is protected by U.S. patent number 5,946,660.
More Press Releases